Monday, February 06, 2006

A Weekend of Splurges...

Exactly what the title says-I splurged all weekend! But maybe not on what you think. My diet/willpower really was tested several times over my weekend, but I held strong-mostly.
I had decided that I was going to take my kids to Chuck E Cheese's in "protest" of the superbowl and football in general. We went on Sun at noon, and to my surprise it was A. packed and B. several dads there! AWWWW, although my intital gut reaction I will admit was...Whipped!! This was the first time Gabriella ever went there and I swear, if her eyes had gotten any bigger they would've fallen off her head! Caitlyn had brought a friend along too. We got a pretty good table and our food, and I insisted that the kids eat before they played. Right? Ha yea. Gabriella was not having any part of that! So I decided to let everyone go for a while and then we'd eat. I allowed Gabriella to lead me where she wanted to go, and she was like a little road runner in constant motion. She had her arms in runner's form and her back a little hunched over, plowing into anything or anyone that got in her way! People were nice about it, they just laughed. I let her put tokens in whatever games she wanted to play. She'd put the token in, press the buttons for a sec, and off she went. I had to keep grabbing her to direct her back to her game until it was over. She was so funny, she had lots of fun. There is a toddler area where she played on a slide and several ride-ons. Caitlyn and her friend had 800+ tickets so they were really happy. Everyone then ate the pizza (I had a salad at the salad bar-yeah me!) After we left CHuck's we went to the mall where I went a little crazy at the JC Penney's sale- tons of stuff 75%! I bought some new clothes that almost fit, and some that DO FIT!! I also got Caitlyn a dress for the VAlentine's dance at school-yes I am crying. She assures me there's no "boy" she wants to see there. Yeah right! I also bought a new computer! It was a deal I couldn't pass up- my system is really outdated and slow- it was time. Although I hated to part with that kind of money, but I can justify it by having a child in middle school!
I did go out this weekend, and even though I planned on only having a couple beers, I will admit I was pretty drunk. Then I wrestled with guilt all weekend about all of the calories I consumed that night! I basically punished myself by working myself out 2x the normal amt I normally do, and eliminating all of my snacks in between meals. Yes I eat 6x a day and only 1,000-1,200 cal! (Your body needs constant refueling-just like a car) On Sunday I didn;t even make it to the gym-no sitter- so I worked out at home for 3 hours! I used my daughter's ddr(dance dance revolution) game on ps2-it's a mat that you must dance on and follow the leads on the game. You can set it to workout mode and it will calculate the calories you burned. In that amt of time I burned 700 calories. I am still trying to get myself back into my whole eating routine-I think my punishment is now over! Until next time......

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home