Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Catching up

In my blog hiatus, I did have some interesting occurrences in my life! Probably the most important- my youngest daughter's birthday! She is officially a member of the "terrible twos" classification!....and boy does she know it! She has been talking more, crying more, throwing more fits, and acting more independently!! It's funny-her birthday was on a Thursday, her party at school was on that Friday, our party for her was on a Sunday, my mom sent her a package on that Tuesday so she opened her presents up then, and I finally took down the decorations on Wednesday. PLUS my grandma's birthday was Sunday, so we celebrated that so Gabriella must think January is her birthday- the whole month basically! She still sings "happy birthday" every day!
My family had a brush w/ death- well not really, but it could have been! I was taking my dog outside and when I came back in the house I was hit with a strong odor. I walked out and back in several times, then walked around the vicinity to determine what the smell was and where it was coming from. I finally realized that it was gas-natural gas not gasoline. I panicked a little and didn't know what to do, so I called the gas co. They told me all these freaky things about-don't walk on carpet or turn anything electrical on or off or even hang up the phone after I got off the call. She said all of these things could produce an electrical spark and the house could blow up. She said we needed to evacuate the house immediately-all inhabitants- and wait in a safe distance from the house for a service rep to come. I had to wake up my kids, get my dog back outside where he barked nonstop at 11:30pm on a school night, get my grandma out-stop her from turning everything off and push her out into the car, and wait. Well- my car was in the garage. The garage door has a genie- should I risk opening it or have my children stand out in the cold for who knows how long. Well, I took the car out myself after I had everyone at a safe distance away- and we all packed in and waited. It didn't take long for the gas rep to arrive. I went in with her. She was very thorough-went through everything that had a gas line. She determined that there was no leak, but that my furnance acts up and could have misfired sending the gas smell. Instead of the furnace heating up until the desired temperature is achieved, it goes on/off consistently, regardless of what the thermostat is set to. After all was said and done-it was a horrible experience. My kids couldn't fall back to sleep, Caitlyn could not get up in the morning so that was a struggle. Gabriella of course was up at 6:00am after finally going back to sleep at 1:30am. The dog finally shut up, I'm sure the neighbors were thrilled!
So I said in my last post that I go to the gym everyday. I am not the only one. There are several regulars there. I have nick-named some of them. HEY-I'm not a bad person, but that's just something I do/have always done. I am a people watcher! Here we go-
*Mute ponytail girl-she never speaks, smiles, or even acknowledges anyone. She always has sweatpants and a pony tail that is always perfect. Yesterday I was on the Elliptical next to her-she made no sounds at all-not even an exhale!
*Don Vito-there is a guy that rides the sitting stationary bikes everyday, he looks exactly like Don Vito, Bam Margera's uncle on Viva La Bam on MTV. Around the time I first saw him I knew they had done a show in Cleveland around the same time, so I really thought it was him. I stared at him the whole time, he probably thought his workouts were really paying off to have a young fox like me checking him out.(ha ha)
*Supergrandma-There is this lady that is probably in her 70's, she walks the treadmill at a faster pace than me, uses the nautilus and KNOWS how to truly use them correctly-sometimes with heavier weight than me, and she wears spandex and is in terrific shape!
*Psycho-perv grandpa-Not any involvement w/supergrandma, he makes the grossest, loudest moans, etc while using the machines. He always seems to be around whatever are of nautilus I am using and frequently comes up and makes weirdo comments to me about my workout. Today I was using a tricep press and resting between intervals.(usually 30 sec is avg-I sometimes do more/less-this time was about 10 sec after my last interval) He came up to me and said the machine wouldn't work if I just sat there, he wanted to show me how to use the machine. I know he saw me using it already because we were using machines that faced each other.
*Too sexy for my long hair trainer guy-There is a personal trainer there that is very likeable. He always has different clients, always interacting w/coworkers and other members, and he's actually very very cute. IF he would just cut off his yucky long hair. Normally I LOVE long hair, but this is scraggly and looks just fake!
*Sorority trainer girl- there is a trainer there that is prob 5"1" and 92 lb. She is very blonde and very cute. She always has clients and I always hear just her talking-not the clients. She talks about her boyfriend, her college, cheerleading, and HER SORORITY in college. Never anything about the training session!
LASTLY_
*Scott Savol-Do you know who he is? He was on American Idol last year. He placed like 5th, and sings really good. He is from Cleveland, and it REALLY is him! He is there like every other day, and usually by himself. No one really bothers him, except 1 day I saw 2 really geeky guys kinda hanging after him like they were trying to be his friend. It was kinda sad...

2 Comments:

Blogger Tim Appleton (Applehead) said...

That's intresting... Poor Scott. I would hate to have been on the totally scripted AI.

3:21 PM  
Blogger delilah said...

That is crazy. I called my friend and told her (also an American Idol fan) as soon as I read your blog. Ha.

7:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home