Tuesday, January 03, 2006

I have planned your Tuesday evening for you!!

OK so I can be really lame sometimes. I already talked in an earlier post about how addicted I am to TV, so this shouldn't be a shock that when I say," I have planned your evening for you." it is all about TV! I am pretty excited because some on my favorite shows are coming back on starting Tuesday (tonight I guess) night!
First of all, I love Gilmore Girls. It has been on hiatus for awhile and it is back on tonight. If you have never watched it, you need to. It is basically about a mom and her daughter. She had her daughter when she was 16 and never married, they live in a very small town where everyone knows each other, is all in each other's business, they have town meetings, etc. What is unique is that the mom comes from a prominent Connecticut family and has managed to raise her daughter and turn her life into something without their help. The parents are total socialites and snobby. I love this show because it is always very positive and uplifting. It is in it's 5th or so season and the cliffhanger was that the mom is engaged to the local diner owner that she had a flirtatious relationship the whole show, and now he has found out he has a kid. He's gonna tell her tonight, 8:00, WB!
OK so at 9:00 we have the return of Scrubs!!!!!!!!!!!!!Hooray!!!!!!!!!I love this show and it has been off since spring or summer! It is similar to ER but is so funny! I always laugh when I watch it and I love Zack Braff who stars in it!(He also wrote/directed/and starred in the movie Garden State-which I love) Also those of you that like Roseanne, Becky #2 is in this show and she is hilarious. Tonight there is 2 episodes too, I think it's on NBC.
So at 10:00 (or 10:30) you have to head over to MTV to watch Meet the Barkers. I really really love this show! It is a reality show kinda like Newlyweds, but you can tell when you watch it that Travis and Shanna will really last. Travis is/was the drummer from Blink 182 with all the tatoos. He seems like a punk. I saw him in person at the Vans Warped tour one year, he looked like a total jerk, all cocky walking through the sea of people screaming and running after him, but he's not! He is a total sweetheart. His wife is Shanna, she was a Miss America or Universe. She is kinda ditzy but not in a dumb way. She has a daughter from a previous relationship and together they have a son. In this season she is pregnant but I think she had the baby by now, it was supposed to be a girl and they were gonna name her Alabama after their favorite movie, True Romance. What I love about this show is that they seem totally themselves and totally in love. They do sweet things for each other and play with their kids. Sure they have a nanny sometimes and a chef and live in a huge mansion, plus in one episode Shanna whipped out $14k + in cash-but besides all that they seem totally like a normal couple in love. I can't wait to watch it!
Alrighty so I have planned it all out for you, please watch and let me know what you think of the shows! Come back to this post after you watch them and post a comment! I especially would love to see if I can turn anyone new onto one/all of these shows! Let me know.....!!:)
**OK I might be wrong about Gilmore Girls being a new episode tonight, but watch it anyways and let me know what you think.

2 Comments:

Blogger amyd76 said...

Hey there. I used to watch Gilmore Girls and have seen Scrubs a couple times. Both good shows. I don't have cable anymore. I didn't use it much, so I got rid of it. I do get 2 fuzzy channels. I might have to see what is on them tonight! I don't know when I watched TV last. (I do put in a movie a few nights a week) Thanks for the idea!! amy

6:09 PM  
Blogger delilah said...

I watched Scrubs...I try to when I get a chance. It is very funny and thought it was great last night. I love Christa Miller (Jordan). She cracks me up! I didn't make it to the other shows. Too busy getting the kids ready for bed and then I watched Law & Order. I do remember seeing Travis. I don't remember people chasing him??? Either way, did you know he got into a fight at the Taco Bell in Akron and some guy broke his wrist? They played at Blossom that night and I met the rest of the band (I worked the show)...they had the guitarist from the opening band (Fenix TX) filled in. Here is a website about it. http://www.truepunk.com/blink182/

3:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home