Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Sex, V-day, and the single girl

If you have ever dated me, wanted to date me, or even thought about dating me- I feel for you. I am a pain in the ass, I admit it. I am controlling, argumentative and confrontational at times, and I expect you to know what I want without me telling you. I expect you to read my mind when I am angry, I crave constant attention, I hold grudges if you hurt me, my kids ALWAYS come before you AND us! But I am also very caring and loving, very kind and honest, I really "throw" myself into a relationship. I fully support you and feel that if it's meant to be-it's worth it. I am a hopeless romantic. I love flowers!!
I am alone again on V-day this year, and it sucks!! I have my kids-but sometimes I need the attentions of a male. My mom told me when we had "our talk" as a teen that sex was hard-it changed everything, and once you started having sex it was hard to stop. She was right!! I have replaced sex with great workouts (my 1 year celibersary is next week ), going on "dates" with reading books, cuddling in bed with my guy with cuddling with my pillow. I focus my attentions on my work, my kids, my health. I cry at commercials, and sometimes when watching a romantic movie I have to turn it off. I rented "Must Love Dogs" last week and still haven't watched it because I don't want to watch it alone. Honestly-I haven't really been "single" very much in my life, and it is hard to get used to. (I know-poor me)
But I did realize that even though I haven't been single on many Valentine's Days, my worst ever Valentine's Day was with a boyfriend. Also I don't know that I ever treated to a "Valentine's Day" the way I feel it should be. OK- not often. For me I think a Valentine's Day should involve devotion, adoration, compassion. A dozen roses are definitely a plus- but I would LOVE a handful of hand-picked daisies. (my favorite) Candlelight dinner-prepared by my guy-music and soft lighting, great mood setters. V-day doesn't need to be expensive, just rich in preparation and thoughtfulness. That is what makes a great memorable V-Day. I hope you all have that tonight!

1 Comments:

Blogger delilah said...

One time I hand picked some daisies for this guy. I had jumped out of the car and ran over to this embankment and picked a half dozen or so. I brought them back to him. He took one and said "Momma had a daisy and her head popped off...and "deheaded" one of my daisies. I grabbed them out of his hand and threw them right out the window. Jerk. Either way, some day you are going to meet your knight and you can make up for this last year of keepin it to yourself! But don't expect them to always by flowers. I buy flowers for myself and tell Jake HE bought them for me. Ha.

3:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home