Monday, May 08, 2006

Oh how I LOVE those rock stars!

What is it about rock stars? Something about them makes me "swoon" for lack of a better term. They are so charismatic and their confidence or cockiness is like a magnet to me. I love going to a live rock show and watching the band, the guitarists hold their guitars like they are a part of themselves, the drummers pound their sticks with such intensity, and the lead singer, I can't even tell you...
I am OBSESSED with music, always have been. It is my ultimate mood enhancer/motivator. When I see a live show, even if it is a crappy band (sometimes), they just capture all of my attention and completely move me. I have dated a few rockers in my past. They were like IT to me when I dated them, I went to shows, I was their #1 fan. I had their demos in my car and would play them over and over and over until they broke. (tapes-lol) It was totally exciting to be in that scene and if I had any sort of musical talent whether playing an instrument or singing, that is what I would have done with my life. Sometimes I think I should be a Radio DJ or something but A.Could I really think of 4 hrs of things to be witty about and B. They make shitty money. SO I am stuck in the real world of jobs. I often wonder about the guys I dated, are they now successful rock stars, do they still have their bands at all?? Who knows but hindsight is 20/20 and I can now see that some of the guys that I was so wrapped up in I gave WAY too much credit. Yeah they had the talent, but were they really "ALL THAT?" I don't think so!
Anyhow, so last night I took my daughter to the BLack Clouds and Underdogs tour at Blossom. The bands were Fall Out Boy, Hawthorne Heights, All American Rejects, and From First to Last. I was a semi-fan of a few of those bands, and we actually missed a couple of them because of traffic. We got to see All American Rejects and Fall Out Boy, which was the headliner. OK let me tell you, they were amazing live. They made me a little mad because they would talk to the crowd and said a lot of swear words, which is to be expected but I was a little shocked I guess because I was there with my daughter and it was am all ages show. Plus I probably never even realized when they would do that. Anyhow, they made me laugh because they said, "We wanna hear all the boys in the pit!" Very small response. "We wanna hear all the girls in the pit!" HUGE response. "Ok let's rephrase the first question. We wanna hear from all the boys in the pit that came because their girlfriends made them." Big response. "But did we get you laid??" ..."You're welcome." It was too funny.
But the show-wow I love love loved it! I was ready to go to groupie/worship status like I would do as I saw shows in my "younger years". Ha ha. I wanted to borrow my daughter's cd when we got home! My daughter is pretty cool-like she doesn't show a lot of emotion, she's pretty controlled in that way. She doesn't like to cry or show excitement a lot. Her friend that was with us is the same. So it was SOOOO satisfying to see her actually doing a little bit of "dancing or swaying, " clapping her hands and enjoying herself. Her friend still stayed a statue, whatever. I was dancing too!

1 Comments:

Blogger Jake said...

Glad to hear you had fun, you shouldl have stopped by before the concert.

11:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home