Friday, March 24, 2006

Aren't Breast-Fed Babies Supposed to be extra healthy???

My poor baby. Gabriella started to get sick AGAIN on Saturday. She had a terrible cough. It was so bad that early Sunday she even vomited, I'm sure because she could not cough up what she needed to. She was fine the rest of the day so I thought it was past. Of course, in the middle of the night she vomited again. I planned on calling off on Monday, my Grandma, as usual, stuck her nose where it didn't belong and said I should stay home with her, check her out, if she's ok go in to work late. Against my better judgment I listened to her. I don't know why I let her boss me around all the time-I just take it. I KNOW MY kids better than anyone! So, I got to work and 3 hours later the daycare was calling me that Gabriella had just woken up from her nap and had 101 temp. So I had to rush home and pick her up. Later I noticed she started to breath weird. I kinda watched her and called the doctor just to be advised. At this point her symptoms were, the cough, the wheeze or rattling, a low grade fever, and black stool. I decided to observe her and take her to the doctor the next day. She vomited again that night. They fit us in at 2:00 and even though her reg doctor was there, she was booked and we could not see her. Gabriella was checked by this other doctor and she decided she had a respiratory infection. She had to be put on a breathing machine that dispersed medicine for her to inhale. One dose of medicine shoots your heart rate up and it is like a cup of coffee. They gave her 2 doses-10 min apart. Gabriella was climbing on chairs, running around the room, tossing books out of the book case, talking like a mile a minute dancing, twirling, etc etc etc. The doctor said she would need to go on this machine every 6 hrs for the next week. She also thought Gabriella might have a touch of RSV or pneumonia, but did no tests for these. She prescribed the anibiotic to treat those and said that if she did have those illnesses they were minute and the med would take care of them. She has been doing good w/the breathing machine-she calls it her mask. She went back to school and her teacher gave her the breathing treatment. She told me yesterday that when she gave it to her Gabriella asked her for the others (Tylenol, vitamin, Zithromax) poor baby!
I called her father Monday night to tell him that she was sick. He finally called me Wed night and I told him about the doctor visit, breathing machine, etc. He freaked out and said, "Then you're not goin to work again tomorrow, RIGHT?" First of all, I didn't go to work all week, secondly, HE WAS OFF THURSDAY AND FRIDAY! I said no-and said she could go to his house. He said he had running around to do but would have her on Friday. Plus they had plans to go to the circus on Saturday, I said I didn't think that was going to happen. He argued with me about that, he was also trying to get me to stay over Friday with Gabriella and they would go to the circus Saturday after work (4:30) and I would just wait at his house. I said no way in hell-I wasn't staying over OR waiting around at his house! We hung up, he was angry. Yesterday as I was driving home he called me and said he had "stuff to do" Friday and couldn't have her over. Maybe he could pick her up at school later. Now I had done his taxes for him for a fee, and to ensure I got the money I told him I would have to deposit it in my account and give him the difference. He didn't know but I got the money on Monday. I would've told him had he called at all-I didn't want him to call about the money but for the baby. So I told him on Thursday-he wanted me to bring it over right away, before work whatever in cash-he needed it. I said I work bankers hours-that was impossible. I could give him a check or I would be willing to meet him Saturday and give it to him. He said just bring it when I bring her for the circus...WHAT BALLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
This at my own covenience parenting sucks!!! I think I'm going to tell him she is A. NOT going to the circus B.I am NOT dropping off the money-she needs me C. He can come get the money when he visits his sick child!!!
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home