Friday, March 24, 2006

Over the half-way hump!! WOOHOO

It has been really tough, a constant struggle. I have gone through a lot of different things in my life over the past 11 weeks. Stress, pressure, depression, fatigue, etc etc. I have exercised every day but probably 3 days in the past 11 weeks. I have cut my calories probably 2/3 of what they were. I haven't cheated on my diet-no need to. There are so many things low calorie, low fat, etc that really helps. Plus if I am DYING for a Mcdonald's french fry or an onion ring, I have one. I have gone down 2 sizes and built up a lot of muscle too. It's very motivating when I can fit into shirts and clothes that I haven't worn in YEARS and people constantly come up to me and congratulate me on my weight loss and ask how I've done it. It feels great to see that I have to keep adjusting my seat belt tighter, and my coat is all of the sudden too big for me. BUT I am a little over my half way mark. I have lost 30 lbs and want to lose 24 more. It the only thing I really have done for ME in a long time. I feel like I am getting more healthy, my family has diabetes, high blood pressure, heart disease, and obesity in it. I want to stick around for my kids and be healthy! I felt embarrassed for Caitlyn when she was at the mall or BEACH or even the amusement park with her fat mom. I want to send the right message to my girls, they need to eat healthy and exercise, even as adults! I want the overweight cycle to stop with me. I can't wait until it is nice out and we can go outside and have daily walks, hikes, etc! I am going to get a new bike and seat for Gabriella also-that will be fun.
My step mom started an all-carb diet ONE MONTH after I did. She has lost 24 pounds, almost as much as me! She was over on Sunday and when my dad said how great I looked she started "competing" with me and talking about how much she lost, how she went down 2 sizes, and how NONE of her clothes fit her. I just listened in amazement as she kept cutting me off to brag more. Then she had the AUDACITY to give me a little wink and say, "...and that was ALL without any exercise!! ha ha ha haha" I felt like saying, flex your flabby ass arm or show me your disproportional legs and then feel my muscles or look at my skinner legs you bitch. Yeah, I know nice, huh. But she is unbelievable to me! It just gets me all fired up!
ANYHOW **** here's to the next half of my journey!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home