Friday, March 17, 2006

I am getting REALLY OLD

AAH, St. Patrick's Day is here! I have so many fond, yet blurry, memories of the day. I remember a few years ago faking a stomach illness and telling my boss I had to leave work. I then promptly went home, showered, changed, and met my friends at the bar we hung out at right behind our work. I had a total blast! We sang karoake, drank, had chicken fights on the "dance floor"(seriously, we were out of control), drank, ate green food-ewww, and drank some more! It was a lot of fun until this lady we worked with came in to the bar and "caught me" then told my boss the next day-oops.
Another time I remember going to a bar and dressing completely in green, even adding green glitter shamrocks on my cheeks. I had a big green hat that someone gave me at the bar. I was in some sort of contest where the girls had to get green bead necklaces, and the girl with the most would win a trip to Cozumel. You had to do WHATEVER to get the beads. I didn't stoop that way, I resorted to begging and wound up get 15 necklaces. The competition looked pretty good. I thought for sure I did not have it. Most of the girls were "gathered" on the dance floor to get their beads counted. I thought there was no way I won, so I didn't even go up there. Plus at that point I was pretty over it. Some girl came up to me and asked for my beads. She won the contest with 23 beads-so she only had 8 to begin with. The 2nd place girl had 12- so basically that trip was mine. I was SOOOO pissed!
I remember another time going to the Irish-American festival in Berea. It was so much fun!! They had Irish dancers, bagpipers, beer tents galore, we drank and ate some Irish food (what it was I have no clue). We looked at the arts and crafts areas, and drank some more.
I always had so much fun on St. Patty's day! It had always been a day to celebrate and have fun and enjoy myself. Am I Irish? NO. I think the last St. Patty's day I celebrated was about 4 years ago. Now-a-days I spend my St. Patty's day watching "Luck of the Irish" on Disney channel with my daughters. I don't KNOW if I could pull off all the partying I used to or all the wild things I did if I tried now, but sometimes I REALLY miss it. Sometimes I REALLY miss those days period. I like to spend time with my kids, but now my oldest will be going to bowling with her friend tonight and my youngest will go to bed at 8:00. SO-I will be watching "Luck of the Irish" solo tonight! Or since I have been so tired at night lately with my daily changes and then working out at night, I might just go to bed early!
Have a great St. Patty's Day-live it up for me.....

3 Comments:

Blogger delilah said...

I think Justiene is going out to celebrate a little tonight. I told Jake I was going to go out and have some fun. He didn't believe me. I guess he knows me too well. Either way, I don't think you and I ever spent a St. Patrick's Day together. Maybe next year....or when the kids are off to college we can go into Kent for Kegs and Eggs. We'll be the old geasers (sp?) in town.

3:03 PM  
Blogger Jake said...

Yeah, that would be fun having kegs and eggs with your children. I'm sure they would love that.

12:12 AM  
Blogger delilah said...

Not with our kids you dork...Our kids won't be in Kent. They (both of our kids) are so smart they will be at Yale or Harvard or someplace like that...NOT Kent.

3:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home