Tuesday, November 29, 2005

"You can take a picture, of something you see..."

Chris Martin is the lead singer of the band Coldplay. He appears to be a scruffy, grubby, skinny Englishman. I bet he reaks of cigarettes and has stained teeth. I bet he is completely self absorbed and so into his music that he would lock himself in a room for days and live on just his cigarettes and coffee while writing music. I bet he would ignore his wife Gwyneth Paltrow or their baby Apple, at the whim of a new idea for a song. I bet he hates Americans and detests our country. I bet he is extremely loyal to the queen and when he gets drunk in a pub he rallys around, stumbling with his ale crying out chants about England with his chums. I bet he smells and does not regularly wash himself OR his clothes.

But yet, everytime I hear a Coldplay song I fall completely head over heels in love with him.

I love every song by Coldplay. Yellow, CLOCKS, Politik, the Scientist, Trouble, Speed of Sound, TALK, etc.etc.... They are all so moving and beautiful. Have you ever watched a movie that had a song playing in the backround that totally captivated the mood, so much so that everytime you hear it you experience the same feelings you had while watching the movie? Examples- The Story of Us; the song playing while Michelle Pfieffer was flashing back through all of the good/bad times in her marriage with Bruce-"CHOW FUN"S!" How about Jerry Mcquire-the song playing when "you had me at hello..." WELL, everytime I hear a Coldplay song it is my own little movie song of my life. I can listen to a Coldplay song and experience a fury of memories rapidly flowing through my mind. I can experience a roller coaster ride of emotions. I have never seen them live but hope to someday. My youngest daughter experienced the Coldplay sound in utero-I would hold up headphones to my belly while playing Clocks-she would jump around and turn all over the place. I swear, when I play that song today she dances around and I just KNOW she remembers. I love their music and hope anyone reading this that is not a fan or has never really LISTENED to their music will pick up their new CD, or even just listen to one of their songs on the radio. I hope they can make you feel like they make me feel. They are truly amazing !!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home