Thursday, September 22, 2005

Garbage Pickers

So on Saturday morning,I am in my routine which consists of getting up with 20 month old, making breafast, letting out my dog at 7am. I open the basement door which leads outside and I hear strange echoing from the basement-it was just eerie. I walk down the steps and my stomach and heart completely sink to my feet. My 12yr old girl, my first-born, is sound asleep on her bed(mattress/box springs are on floor) totally SURROUNDED by 6-8" of water!! At this point I don't know what happened or if there are electrical plugs, etc. in the water; I just know I have to get her out. I trudge through the water and manage to get the drain to cooperate and slowly slowly the water begins to diminish. I get to my child, wake her up and tell her to get on my back. Of course- she has to give me resistance, because she is a preteen, but when she realizes the situation, she listens. SO- after the water takes about 3 hours to vanish, I swept all the rest into the drain, mopped, went through boxes and boxes, mopped again, threw out the bed, mopped again, threw out $250 worth of videos/dvds, and mopped. I threw out 2 couches, a tv, toys, and after 2 days of sweat, tears, non eating, not seeing my kids on my only days off b/c I had to do this, being terrified of catching horrible nasty sewer diseases, after ALL THAT these as*holes have the AUDACITY to pick threw my memories and ruined belongings??? I think it is sick, totally nasty, and completely insensitive. These people were out on SUNDAY looking at curbs-trash doesn't come until Thursday!! Man I can hear them out there RIGHT NOW-SCAVENGERS!!

2 Comments:

Blogger delilah said...

I can't believe this happened to you! Do you need anything? Love the blog by the way...it is great.

8:35 AM  
Blogger toys r us kid(s) said...

No-thank you very much but everything is clean now and everyone is fine. The only casualty was material things-I lost (roughly) $350 worth of items. Thank you for your concern...!!

11:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home